Putting DD-WRT onto a Virgin D-Link DIR-615 rev D
Well, I got my replacement D-Link DIR-615 wireless router after the last one fried, today.
I immediately (well, this evening) put DD-WRT on it. There’s been a few new releases since I last blew it onto my old router, so I installed the latest and greatest – build 14594. The thread is here, and the download is here.
The last time I did this, I couldn’t get it to update from within the D-Link main UI, so I had used the emergency room (ie. power-on-reset, then upload firmware). This time, I failed to get the Emergency Room to accept the firmware 3 times, so I tried uploading it via the normal D-Link UI instead… and it worked!
So far – so OK. It seems to be working. I’ll have to test the features, and also see how it is wrt the old niggles I had with DD-WRT – actually quite major ones.
- Wireless would get slow
- Pages would slow to a crawl half-way through loading, on my iPhone
Would be nice to see these fixed. At least the front panel lights are all green now…